Everybody and every business has a website nowadays. Creating a website is no longer something that only experienced and educated web masters can do. You don’t have to understand complex things like coding, Java, HTML, or CSS anymore. Obviously, those things are good to know, but anyone, regardless of knowledge and level of experience, should be able to create a website.
It is true that if you want to know about creating a website from scratch, you will have to start learning about HTML and become fluent in different coding languages. However, you can now use a variety of tools that have been developed, such as Dreamweaver, that allow them to create beautiful websites without ever having to use CSS or HTML codes. Of course, it is recommended to still become more proficient, because once you do understand coding language, you can really get into the tiny details of the website and customize it to your particular needs.
For some, even things such as Dreamweaver are too complex. They have no interest in fully personalizing their website. For them, creating a website is about creating an online presence. They want something that looks good and clean and is functional, without ever having to deal with any of its complexities. For them, the online website builder is available. This can be used without having to know any type of coding at all, and you will never have to go that deeply into the background of the website you create either.
Creating A Website With Online Builders
Online website builders are tools that have been created for those who want to build websites without understanding coding at all. In most cases, these builders do not even allow you to get to the code of the site, unless you pay a very hefty price. Rather, they have been created by web hosting companies, who understand how offering this as a service offers a lot of value to their overall packages. They are designed to use drag and drop functionalities, which means you can simply place things where you want them, without ever considering how that works. And once everything is in place, you simply publish the site and it will be hosted immediately. The simplicity of this system is exactly what makes it so popular, and why almost all web hosting companies now offer it as an option.
So how do these website builders work? They have been designed to take a very simple, three step approach towards creating a website:
1. You need to register your domain name.
2. You need to choose the web hosting service you want.
3. You design your website.
Creating a Website – A Step by Step Approach
Let’s take a look at these three steps in a greater detail:
1. Registering your domain name. You cannot have a website without a domain name. This name is what people will use to find you. When you register it, which you have to do through an established domain registrar, you will essentially you have the right to make that particular URL address look the way you want it to look. A URL is your domain name, ending with a particular extension, such as.com or .co. Certain extensions are limited, such as the .gov ones, but even they have to be registered properly.
2. Choosing your web host. A web host is the owner of the online space on which your particular domain name will be shown. The internet is not this vast fourth dimension with unlimited capabilities. Rather, it is a bunch of supercomputers on which you can rent space. The owners of that space are web hosts. They essentially give your domain name a home. What this means is that, when people type your domain name in their browser, they will be able to see your website, whose details are found in the web host server or computer.
3. Designing your website. This is the final step, and the most fun to do. The rest is all about technicalities, but this is the partt where you can get creative. Because your web host is likely to provide you with a drag and drop website builder, all you have to do is get creative. This is your chance to give your online space some personality, showcasing to the world who you are and what you are about. You don’t have to have any understanding of CSS, HTML, coding, or other technical things to do this. Rather, you simply pick a template, which will have been designed for you, and simply enter information such as text and images in the areas that have been provided for you. Once you are happy with how everything looks, all you have to do is publish it, and your website will be live. And don’t worry about making mistakes either. Your website builder will allow you to change anything you like and simply publish the updates, so you are in full control. If you can edit or create a Word document, you can build a website.
The biggest issue with creating a website, therefore, is choosing your web host. Generally, they will allow you a free trial of their website builder and their functionalities, so that you can see if you like their system. However, you probably don’t want to build an entire website, no matter how easy it is, only to find that you would rather go to a different provider and have to do it all again. Hence, you need to think about the tools and capabilities that you look for, such as social media connections, e-commerce capabilities, and more.
In essence, before you even think about creating a website, you need to decide why you want to create one in the first place. A website for an informative blog, for instance, will be very different to a website for a global conglomeration that sells barrels of oil. You have to think about what you want, what you need, and what you are capable of, and, from there, determine which provider offers the most suitable solution.